Dr. Ernesto J. Fernandez, DOM, AP, LMHC
Dr. Ernesto J. Fernandez, DOM, AP, LMHC , is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, an Acupuncture Physician and a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. He is also a professional speaker and a health care consultant. He specializes in alternative medicine and BodyMind therapies for trauma, stress, chronic pain, immune disorders and fatigue since 1988. Dr. Fernandez is a 1992 graduate of the Rehabilitation Counseling Program from the University of South Florida and a 2000 graduate from the Acupuncture Physician Program from the Academy of Chinese Healing Arts.
Dr. Fernandez has a reputation for being the “Go-To” doctor when all other standard medical care or alternative medicine treatments have failed. Dr. Fernandez’s new approach to regeneration and healing provides successful solutions for people who have been told they have to live with the problem. In this he has assisted people in overcoming problems with serious physical and emotional traumas, chronic pain, fatigue and burnout, low sexual desire/drive and addictions.
In 1996, Dr. Fernandez started to systemize his assessment and treatment methods and began training doctors and therapists. The effectiveness and popularity of his methods and treatment style grew his seminar company to 22 instructors teaching in 35 cities internationally.
He is licensed to practice in Florida and his clients come to Sarasota to consult with him from around the United States, Canada, Europe, Caribbean and Latin America. His clients are primarily entrepreneurs and high-level performers (sales professionals, attorneys, executives, athletes and actors).
In addition to helping his clients feel and function better, all of his clients report significant increases in their personal income.
He is the author of “The Healer's Journey” and numerous articles.
Dr. Fernandez is a professional speaker and healthcare consultant and has traveled internationally teaching clinical intensives on cutting-edge BodyMind therapies and techniques. He has been invited to lecture on the following topics:
- Chronic Pain Syndromes and Fibromyalgia: How it Starts and How to Stop It!
- The BodyMind Connection.
- How to Consult with Chronic Pain Patients.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fatigue Syndromes: How to Break the Vicious Cycle.
- How to Prevent and Treat Adhesions, Pain and Numbness From Surgery.
- Common Disorders and Issues That Routinely Result from C-Sections and Abdominal Surgery.
- Hidden Side Effects and Disorders from Plastic Surgery.
- Painful Scars and Numb Scars: How to Feel Normal Again.
- How to Prevent and Treat Postpartum Depression Naturally.
- Depression, Anxiety and Brain Fog: Hidden Causes and How To Treat It.
- How to Treat Female and Male Infertility Without Hormone Therapy.
- How to Get Your Libido Back Without Depending on Medication.
- The Top 5 Reasons Why Your Medical Diagnosis is Making You Sick.
- The 5 Most Common Reasons Why People Have Chronic Problems and Don't Get Better!
- How Your Energy Level Determines How Much Money You Make.
- The 5 Worse Things You Can Do When You're Feeling Fatigued.
- The 4 Steps To Curbing Your Sugar Cravings.
- How Is Your Spouse Making You Sick?
- The 5 Biggest Mistakes People Make When They Want Nurturing and Attention From Their Spouse.
Why Did I Choose This Career and Why Do I Practice Differently Than Most Health Professionals?
I was a high school wrestler and a jock. After a series of injuries I started having chronic pain when I was sixteen years old. I had constant pain on the left side of my body and had weakness in my left hand and sometimes in my left leg. After seeing the best doctors my family could find, I only felt worse from all the medication I was given.
The only thing that helped reduce the pain, were the endorphins I experienced from two hours of wrestling practice and working out for another hour or two afterwards. After a year and a half of constant pain and sleepless nights, needless to say, I was very depressed and it was progressively harder for me to see myself having a future worth living.
Fortunately, through a strange chain of events a family friend referred me to an unconventional therapist. This completely changed my life. Not only did this practitioner help me get my life back. Within a few months I was pain free. Soon after, he became my mentor.
Having lived thorough the misery of chronic pain for over a year and discovering that all along there were effective solutions available to help me feel better, which were completely unknown or dismissed by my doctors, completely infuriated me. I knew like myself there were thousands of people searching for help and not getting any meaningful relief. This realization ignited a passion in me to work with people who have chronic conditions that no one seems to know how to help. I've dedicated my career in seeking out, learning, researching, developing and teaching effective assessment and treatment methods to help people who are caught in the vicious cycles of chronic disease syndromes.
Fewer Patients – More Time For You
A Special Message from: Dr. Ernesto J. Fernandez, DOM, AP, LMHC
As you can already tell I'm a “different” type of doctor than you are used to dealing with. Since 1988, I have worked with clients with chronic health problems. I'm well credentialed for treating physical disorders and I'm also exceptionally trained and experienced in treating mental health issues especially those associated with physical disorders.
Here is how I run my practice:
· I work with one client at a time. I don’t run from treatment room to treatment room seeing several patients at the same time for just a few minutes each. And I don’t operate a practice that relies on a high volume of clients being “churned” through the office.
· You’ll be working directly with me. I don’t have assistants, technicians and nurses doing all the clinical work.
· You won’t be sitting in a waiting for hours for your appointment to work with me.
· I specifically work with chronic conditions that have not responded to other therapies. And I only accept clients I can help. Many of my clients have been treated by the top doctors and therapists in the world (Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic, John Hopkins, etc.).
· I don’t accept insurance.
· I measure your progress every step of the way. If there isn’t measurable, observable, felt or significant progress within a few sessions, we’ll re-evaluate whether or not I’m the appropriate physician for you.
· I design customized programs to achieve your health goals that you can easily follow. I’ll regularly modify your program as your health improves and your goals change with the demands of your business and personal life.